Do You Really Need To Invest In Your Skin?

The Importance of Investing in Your Skin.

Now is a great time to re-evaluate where you are with your skincare and make any necessary changes. While we might be focused on working out, eating healthier, and taking more time for ourselves, it is equally as important to focus on the skin, as it is an essential part of the health of our bodies. Investing in it will pay off in many ways; you will be healthier, age more gracefully, and feel better!

As it is our largest organ, our skin is responsible for 25% of our immune system. What we put into our body is 70% responsible for its health, while the remaining 30% is how we treat it on the outside. And when I talk about the skin, I am not just referring to the face, which I believe starts at the nipples and ends at the hairline – I am referring to the entire body. Don’t forget about your arms, legs, butt, back, stomach, and hands.

No matter the budget, you can always take good care of your skin. Begin by seeking out a professional to guide you in both treatment and product choices. We each have unique skin conditions, lifestyles, and live in different climates, which all affect the health of our skin. A good professional will give you the right information rather than a girlfriend, who may have a completely different lifestyle and skin condition than you do.

It is important that you are as honest with your professional as you would be with any doctor, and confide in them so that they can help maximize your results and not prescribe anything that could harm it. Whether you get treatments once a year, once a season, once a month, or more, it will make a difference. Each treatment is a chance to check on progress, measure results, and make changes and adjustments if necessary.

Your at-home skincare regimen is crucial, as it supports the results of the treatments and maintains the health of the skin. The best results are cumulative and therefore, consistency is KEY. Make sure to create a morning and evening skincare routine that you can stick to and afford.

An evening skincare regimen is by far the most imperative, as the skin has a 60% greater capacity to absorb products during this time of rest. So don’t skip it! If you cleanse, tone, massage, and moisturize with the proper products, you are doing the essentials. Masking and exfoliating are great additions 1-2x per week. If you are exposed to the sun for more than 20-30 minutes make sure to apply sunscreen to protect the skin against harmful rays.

Seeing your beauty therapist regularly for facials is highly beneficial for looking after your skin. Professional skin services such as facials and microdermabrasion will give your skin a boost when it’s feeling its worst and also is so calming for the mind in helping to relax and look after yourself. A facial will help treat any key concerns you have and will put you on the right path to investing in the things your skin needs. Too often people aren’t educated and are using the wrong products.

Your skin represents who you are so it is very important to look after it. It is the first thing you see when you look at someone or talk to them and your skin is a dead giveaway of age (or premature aging). Looking after your skin will prevent you from aging prematurely.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *